You: Dog lover, with a sweet spot for the cattle dog
Us: Organization committed to the rescue and rehoming of unwanted, discarded, and neglected cattle dogs
We call that a match, so why don't you take the next step with us! We have many volunteer opportunities. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, all we need you to do is complete our online volunteer application. We are foster home run, so unfortunately cannot use volunteers under the age of 18.
Become a volunteer today! Click here to complete our online volunteer application!
As an all-volunteer organization we have a wide range of opportunities for you to become involved. Since we do not have a kennel or sanctuary we rely exclusively on foster homes in order to house the dogs we rescue while they wait to be placed in their forever homes. Because this obviously means we can only take in a dog if we have a foster home in which to place it, our critical volunteer need is for fosters. This is a challenging yet highly rewarding position as you are directly involved in the successful transition of the dog in your care to a new loving family. As the foster parent you are the point person for introducing your dog to potential adopters and ensuring the standards and integrity of the rescue are maintained. Don't be intimidated by that! We are here to assist you, both with background material that explains exactly how the foster/adoption process works and mentoring resources from within the more experienced volunteer pool.
Even if you are not able to foster dogs you can still contribute in other very valuable ways to the success of our organization. Here are the volunteer positions outside the foster program for which we have an ongoing need:
- Calls to potential adopters - Providing first-touch contact for potential adopters in response to applications; we receive on average 65 applications per month, and while some of this contact volume is handled by the specific foster of the dog an applicant is interested in, assistance from other volunteers in making this outreach is always welcome.
- Phones (Fundraising)- Assisting Fundraising Coordinator with calls soliciting donations of goods, services and money-training and guidance provided-some experience required
- Call Backs - Calling previous adopters to get updates on address/phone numbers and to check on dog (s) to make sure all is well
- Home Checks - Going out to potential adopters home to check to see if home is suitable for adoption - training and guidance provided- some experience required
- Adoption events - Assisting at our monthly adoption events throughout the Denver/Colorado Springs area by helping with event set-up and tear-down, transporting dogs to event in cases where fosters are not able to attend, holding dogs at event while adopters complete paperwork, and talking to potential adopters.
- Transports - Helping to drive dogs within Denver and suburbs and to and from Colorado Springs and Pueblo occasionally